BJuris LLB LLM
He has advised in all aspects of real estate transactions, mortgage security documentation and has acted for institutional banking and finance clients.
In the mid-1990s Geoffrey established a pioneering digital media law practice and as a media lawyer Geoffrey has acted as legal adviser in Australian and international e-commerce law, computer game development and film and television financing in Australia and overseas markets.
He also established www.trademarkit.com.au, the online trade mark search and registration division service of Shiff & Company.
As a commercial lawyer, Geoffrey advises in business structuring, franchising and related transactions and business mergers and acquisitions.
Geoffrey also acts as personal legal adviser to many business owners, professionals and families on their estate planning and business matters.
Geoffrey’s recent matters include:
- Acting for a long established family business in Melbourne in the sale of a multi-lot site to a local developer
- Acting for a building company in the sale of multiple properties bought from various vendors with development permit and plans to an overseas developer
- Advising high net worth families and professionals on estate planning matters
- Stamp duty advice on property transactions undertaken as part of restructuring of related business and family entities
- Preparation of commercial leases and acting in lease disputes
- Advising business and private clients on all types of property sales and purchases including foreign purchaser acquisitions
- Roll out of a retail food sector franchise group involving major shopping centre leases and associated franchise agreements
- Advising entrepreneurs and start-ups in relation to capital raising, growth and business structuring
- Acting in complex intra family dispute concerning administration of trust assets
- Structuring residential property development joint ventures and syndications
Geoffrey has a longstanding commitment to pro bono work and has been a board member, trustee of a number of educational, cultural and business networking not for profit organisations and foundations.
03 8611 0401