Entertainment, Media and Communications
Shiff & Company is one of the few firms in Melbourne with a long established, broad based entertainment law practice. Our lawyers work with some of Australia’s most successful producers, actors and writers on award-winning and innovative film, television and digital media projects.
Our entertainment practice is diverse and also caters for sport, performance art, festivals, theatre, music, comedy and circus arts.
We have a special interest in mobile phone and PC/console games and app development and internet based content production and distribution.
The services we provide in the entertainment, media and communications area include:
- Digital Game development
Mobile and tablet app development
- All film, television, digital media, music and performing arts transactions, including those related to finance, production and distribution in all media
- International co-productions
- Advice to literary agents and publishers in all media
- Advice to sports agents
- Clearance advice for film, television, performing arts and other media projects
- Defamation and privacy rights matters, including pre-publication advice
- General intellectual property advice
- Union negotiations
- Advice on deal making and business structures including joint venture, partnership and collaboration agreements
- Preparation of licensing and sponsorship agreements
- Dispute resolution expertise
Contact: Julia Adams