Not for Profits and Charities
Shiff & Company has a tradition of providing education and advice to not for profit organisations, including charities, religious organisations, community groups, arts bodies, educational institutions and professional associations.
We have a strong culture of involvement in the not for profit sector, with many of our lawyers sitting on boards and management committees.
The services we provide to not for profit organisations and charities include:
- Advising on appropriate legal structures;
- Advising on tax/rate/duty exemptions and government endorsements and making application for deductible gift recipient status;
- Providing advice on branding, defamation and other media and communications issues;
- Protecting and enforcing rights as a beneficiary
- General advice on operational and administrative matters
- Advice on governance to not for profit boards and management committees