Litigation & Dispute Resolution
All areas of our practice are serviced by our litigation team, working collaboratively with the lawyers in the practice area which is the subject of the dispute. We issue proceedings and represent clients in all Victorian and federal jurisdictions.
We are motivated by the commercial imperative of keeping our clients out of court if at all possible. To this end, we believe strongly in and implement negotiated dispute resolution processes such as formal and informal mediations and dispute resolution conferences.
If a matter cannot be resolved to the satisfaction of our clients out of court, we provide strong advocacy and engage appropriate Counsel to represent our clients.
Our litigation services comprise:
- Initiating and defending disputes in all courts and tribunals
- Mediation and other forms of dispute resolution
- Intellectual property and information technology litigation
- Enforcing securities and loan recoveries
- Administrative tribunal hearings
- Building and construction litigation
- Disputes between directors, shareholders, partners and other business owners
- Enforcement of business agreements
- Property and lease disputes
- Disputes involving mergers and acquisitions
- Commercial contract disputes
- Actions arising out of personal and corporate insolvency
- Actions for and against borrowers and guarantors in relation to loans
- Will and deceased estate disputes