Corporate Law and Corporate Governance
We work closely with our corporate clients advising on all aspects of Corporations Act compliance and implementation of governance advice, training and oversight.
The services we provide in the Corporate Law area include:
- Advice on corporate governance principles and best practice, including directors’ duties and conflicts of interests
- Corporate transactions and deals including mergers and acquisitions, takeovers, private equity, venture capital and joint ventures
- Drafting and advising on disclosure documents including prospectuses, product disclosure statements, offer information statements and 'excluded'
- Drafting and advising on constituent documents including constitutions, trust deeds, subscription, joint venture and shareholder agreements
- Advising on business structures and commercial issues concerning acquisitions and divestments
- Conducting due diligence, preparing and advising on corporate governance policy and compliance plans
- Advice on the legal obligations of directors under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and at common law
- Removal of directors
- Dispute resolution
- ASIC compliance
- Advice on directors and executive remuneration and incentive mechanisms